Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Happy - ScrapMuch? Sketch-y Friday

Hi there

Today, would have been my maternal grandfather's 
95th BIRTHday
I miss him, and would give anything to hear one of his stories - just one more time.
( I remember hearing his stories...
and thinking I've heard this for the millionth time )
I found this picture of my grandparents taken in 1991
and ScrapMuch? shared this sketch:
- if you haven't played along, you still have a few more hours!
Sketch-y Friday April 25
here is my take:
happy

I created using Bo Bunny; Back to Basics, patterned paper, cardstock, snow white acrylic, 
and mocha mama ink.
MME; Perfectly Lovely tag with metal brads and veneer wood heart.

My DIY embellishments are Thickers; Regards,
aqua stitching with a metal dragonfly, MME wooden and chip buttons, & craft paper doilie.

I created a ribbon verse with white cardstock, Mister Huey's Heirloom Blue mist,
daisyd's Rub-on verse and metal accent dragonfly
Memories
memory is a way of holding
onto the things you love, the
things you are, and the things
you never want to lose.

GramPA hope you're dancin'up a storm with your one true love
Harry Burton Lefler
1919 - 2007

Thank you for stopping by
~ Danie ~
xo

2 comments:

  1. Danie this is such a lovely tribute to your grandfather, great details and i love that sentiment! Thanks for playing at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout Danie. I love how you made the banner a journalling piece. Just stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete